Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Back from Hiatus - 6+ Boring Things About Me

Jill and Gena wrote lists that, frankly, did not include boring things. So I am taking the challenge.

1. I have more than 12 moles on my body, and one is the size of a peanut.

2. I know lots of trivial facts, like people throw rice at weddings because in ancient times rice was a symbol of fertility and prosperity. That's also why rice beds (4 poster beds with rice flowers carved on them) are the traditional honeymoon bed.

3. I enjoy writing essays.

4. I find Farm Hustle exciting.

5. I collect tea cups and saucers.

6. I know all the words to La Bamba.

7. My new Samsung Blackjack II (wine) is called Velvet.

8. I love frogs and collect them (see design of this blog).

9. I enjoy reading old writing composition textbooks from the first half of the 20th century.

10. I have the same shirt in 11 different colors.

Okay! How's THAT for boring!!

Wait, what am I so happy about...God! I'm a walking poster for ennui!!! ;-)

6 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

Okay, I'm probably too blonde to figure it out but I don't see anything froggy about your blog. What am I missing? Besides that there's green on it.

Seriously, I feel kinda dumb. Not that unusual, really.

Kelli McBride said...

Kristen,

I just noticed that as well. I changed ISPs recently, and I forgot to edit the code to redirect to the new ISP address. At least, I'm guessing that's why the pics aren't showing up. There are frogs on the banner.

Gena Showalter said...

Okay, I'm trying again!

1. I call my gray hair blonde highlights – learned this from the master, Jill Monroe
2. I have a picture of Love Bunny in front of the bloody giant pig he hunted and killed on my desk. (okay, that is not boring, that is funny – to me – so I’m trying #2 again)
2. I am messy.
3. I love Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel and their war.
4. I have 43 songs on my ipod.
5. I just got a Fed Ex.
6. I ate another bag of Hershey’s Hugs. And I hate myself for it.

Gena Showalter said...

Crap, I'm 4 short. There's another boring fact so that makes 7.
8. I need new rugs. With two puppies who only just learned to pee outside. . . my office smells bad. Just sayin.
9. I'm about to go on a reading marathon.
10. I cut split ends from my hair, one at a time.

Kelli McBride said...

Huh? I'm sorry Gena, I dozed off in the middle of your list. You were saying....?

Definitely: split ends and FedExs are much more boring.

Michele said...

**snort**
too funny

My list, should I compile one would be even more staid.

Such is the story of my life.

Glad you are well, Kelli -
Have a Happy Easter!

Sure it's early, but I don't surf blogs like I used to.
So, I have to say it when I can so you know I'm thinking of you.
TTFN