Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Robert Torti as Pharoah

Michele just discovered Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical: Joseph and his Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I have this on DVD starrting, sigh, Donny Osmond as Joseph. The entire show is a riot, but also touching. The fun in the show in no way lessens the beautiful message of this biblical story, though Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice take a lot of liberties with some elements.

Anyway, one of the best numbers is when the Pharoah meets Joseph, and here's a picture of Robert Torti from the DVD. Let me say this: this picture in no way does justice to Torti or to the amazing job he does as a singer and actor in this film.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Kelli That's a scream! LOL

In the play I saw, the Pharoah was dressed differently. Picture Elvis in full white sequin/rhinestone regalia with cape, bellbottoms and high collar. It was HYSTERICAL! And like I said on my blog, one older lady, who was a major Elvis fan, "screamed" with laughter. When he did the hip ba-bump thing, If she hadn't been already sitting, would have fallen just like the swooning girls in the play. LOL!!!!!

Dang, what a fun time. I Am going to get the Donny Osmond DVD to see though. Do you realize I saw him in concert when he was still traveling with his brothers...*ahem* that was BEFORE the Donny & Marie show. *cough* quite a bit ago. *gg*

Love your post, Kelli!

Kelli McBride said...

Donny was my first celebrity crush. A few years ago, my older sister and I saw him on PBS, and he sang "Puppy Love" and I couldn't help but squeal like a teeny-bopper. I would seriously love it if he put out a record of him redoing all his old songs like "Go Away Little Girl" - oh, did that one make me cry. ;-)

Betty S said...

I've always wanted to see it. I wonder if they have it at blockbuster?

Kelli McBride said...

You never know at Blockbuster. It is definitely worth the price, though.