Friday, December 23, 2005

Recommended Reading

I just finished Kerrelyn Spark's book: How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire. It was really good. Funny, poignant, intriguing - and left me wanting more. I can't wait to read the sequels in this story. I know the title might sound like the most cliched romance novel, but this really isn't. There are some very nice twists and turns in this - the pace really escalates nicely, and the romance is both tender and hot. Since I just finished watching BATMAN BEGINS, I had the image of Christian Bale in my mind as Roman, the hero. Yum.

Check this book out. It's been a while since I enjoyed a vampire book - I totally got burned out on them.

Another good read is Ronda Thompson's The Dark One (Bk. 1 in the Wild Wulfs of London). This is a Regency Gothic - I know it sounds like a paradox, but that's what it is. A very good book and again, one that left me wanting more.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Oh Cool! Another Kerrelyn Sparks Fan!!!!
So nice to meet you LOL!!!

Wasn't that book fun???

I laughed so many times during reading....I joined her fan site, I liked it that much.

Her next one is coming out VERY soon..yippee!!!

Kelli McBride said...

Yes, it was funnny! I can't wait to read about Angus and Jean - I'm sure their stories will be next.

She put such wonderful details - like Linus always messing with buttons until he pulled them off. How adorable! And I loved the Highlanders.

Merry Christmas! I'm sure it's freezing where you are, Michele, but it's in the lower 60's and windy here. No white Christmas for us. ;-(

Michele said...

Hi Kelli! The day is almost done. It started raining about 4:30PM. Not too bad at all. Still had plenty of white stuff on the ground to do some sliding.

This is the warmest Christmas, 50degrees, that we've had in quite awhile. Made for a nice change.


Hard to believe, it's almost OVER!!!!