Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Up to my eyeballs in alligators

Well, today was the deadline for students to turn in revision drafts and final essays. So I received a whole bunch of papers today. I am currently logging in homework grades - yuck.

We found out recently that the admin wants grades in on Friday, rather than after the weekend which is usual. I don't see how I'm going to get all this grading done by Friday at noon. But I'm going to try. To fortify myself, I'm going to eat Italian food with a friend. I'm sure a judicious application of Alfredo sauce and garlic bread will help my efforts. ;-)

I did feel really proud of my students yesterday. I finished grading Comp 2 pre/post assessment tests, and all of my comp students who took both tests, except for 1, improved on the post test! Ironically, the student who scored one point lower is an A student who rarely had trouble with the subject matter we test on. That just shows the limitations of tests.

2 comments:

Jill Monroe said...

Well, now you can come to the party guilt free!

Kelli McBride said...

Unless I have a nervous breakdown! I graded all essays in 4 classes tonight. That leaves 2 classes left, some homework to enter, assessment forms to fill out, grades to average, and a handful of straggling stuff to take care of. I also have a Regents meeting to attend tomorrow - it's our division's turn to attend.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel.