Tuesday, December 06, 2005

What a great read!

I just finished reading WARPRIZE by Elizabeth Vaughn. It's a book I've picked up and put down at the bookstore for months. The cover is striking, the story tantalizing, but I've been burned so many times that I just wasn't willing to pass up buying books by my sure bet authors. Well, yesterday I caved. Thank goodness! This was a fantastic book. It's exactly the kind of story I love. Wonderful world building, a cast of great characters, a remarkable heroine and hero, who aren't perfect but are flawed in acceptable ways, humor, drama, romance, etc. I only wish it had been LONGER!! Of course, the sequel, WARSWORN, is out in April (5 months?!!).

I just can't gush enough over this book. I really needed to read a solid book - something with writing integrity, imagination, spirit, etc. End of the semester blues have really had a hold on me. Students getting on my nerves, lots of grading, etc. So finding a respite, getting lost in the pages of a book, cuddling under my comforter as the chilling wind blows outside, all these were the recipe for a better attitude.

Thanks Elizabeth Vaughn!

7 comments:

Jill Monroe said...

Man, I LOVE it when I find someone new!

Michele said...

I'm so glad you liked her book too!

I read it at least 3 months ago. If you email her, she'll write back. She's really nice too!
But then again, most authors are nice. I haven't "met" one yet that I wouldn't want see in person.
When I wrote to her, she'd just returned from visiting Scotland.

There are SO many books coming out next year, it's going to be great!
And I am going to be incredibly BROKE!! LOL!

Rinda Elliott said...

I liked this book, too! Please, do share any good new authors. I've been disappointed a lot myself lately.

Dana Pollard said...

There is nothing like wanting a book because, you just want it, and come to find out, it rocks! I might just pick this one up. Thanks for sharing!

Kelli McBride said...

I'll be sure to post any outstanding reviews I have for books. I'm so far behind in reading, that I've got plenty to catch up on during Christmas break.

Kristen Painter said...

I've done the exact same thing with this book - picked it up, put it down.

You've pushed me over the edge. I'm buying it next time it's in my hands.

Angela's Designs said...

This was one of my favorite books os 2005. I'm really looking forward to the sequel.