Thursday, September 15, 2005

Just another reason to love Battlestar Galactica 2005

I adore the new Battlestar Galactica. Those of you who followed my TV Hunk countdown may remember that Richard Hatch was #10 on my list. I have every episode of the original series on tape. It's fun, it's campy, and a great swashbuckler. However, the new Battlestar Galactica (BG) is a serious drama. It blows me away, and I can't wait for the next episode!

Last week, though, I found a new reason to adore it: Jamie Bamber. I've always thought he was a cutie, but I had no idea what was lurking under that baggy flight suit (and I do wish they would give them uniforms that were a bit less bulky - I don't need the skin-tight suits from the original, but I simply don't see how they manage to do anything with all that excess leather-like material hanging from them). Okay, back to Bamber. We got to see him wearing (or ALMOST wearing) a towel. Hubba-hubba. This guy is cut, as you can see from this screen shot.

Check out the show. It really is well-written with some amazing acting talent. And don't be put off that Starbuck is female. Katie Sackhoff brings a kick-butt attitude to her portrayal that makes Starbuck not just a rebel and hotshot, but a person whose actions reflect personal trauma and insecurities. She's fantastic.

2 comments:

Gena Showalter said...

Hello, baby!!

Rinda Elliott said...

Whoa. Darn it! I can never make shows on Friday nights and from the looks of this man, I'm missing something special.